Christina Aguilera is a 4-time Grammy Award-winning singer, actress, and songwriter. She has sold over 40 million records worldwide and was ranked #58 on Rolling Stone’s list of the 100 Greatest Singers of All Time.
Christina was born in New York in 1980. At a very early age, she showed a talent for singing. She appeared on Star Search and later won a spot on the Mickey Mouse Club. As a child, she dealt with physical and emotional abuse at the hands of her father (this would prepare Christina to write and perform some of her most emotional songs). As a teenager, Christina dealt with the jealousy and bullying that came along with being a teenage superstar. Shortly after her first single exploded on the charts, Christina attended a high school prom. When the DJ played “Genie in a Bottle” all of her classmates left the dance floor (this would prepare Christina for the general public’s reaction to most of her catalog).
Unphased, Christina would go on to earn worldwide commercial success and acclaim as a vocalist.
What Christina Stans Think She Does On Stage
What Christina Haters Think She Does On Stage
What Christina Actually Does On Stage
- Has sold over 50 million records around the world
- 4 #1 singles (including 3 from one album)
- Won 4 Grammy Awards
- One of the most acclaimed vocalists of her generation
- Has achieved commercial and critical success in a variety genres (pop, R&B, hip-hop, rock, blues, Latin, etc)
- Hosts a highly-rated reality show
- One of Rolling Stone’s Greatest Singers of All Time (the only artist from her generation on the list)