Madonna is the Queen of Pop. She showed that there is more to being a pop queen than mediocre vocals, outlandish outfits, and exposed body parts. She actually changed the face of music videos, live concerts, and music promotion. She changed the way female entertainers conducted themselves as businesswomen and she took actual artistic and musical risks.
Whereas most female artists have strong points in one area Madonna remains unparalleled in worldwide album sales, singles, tours, cultural impact, and longevity. She has received criticism for her vocal talent, overt sexuality, and the cinematic abortions that comprise her filmography, but for over 25 years, she has managed to avoid the severe personal obstacles which damaged the careers of many of her peers.
After 30 years in the game, she’s still selling out stadiums and snatching wigs.
- The highest-grossing tour ever by a solo artist.
- The highest-grossing touring female performer of all-time.
- An unparalleled almost 30-year career.
- Rock and Roll Hall of Fame inductee
- Her videography
- A string of hit albums
- A string of hit singles (12 #1s and more Top Ten Hot 100s than any artist in history)
- Undeniable and unparalleled cultural influence