Brandy is an American singer, actress, television producer, and television personality.
As a singer, she has won numerous awards and it is estimated that she has sold over 30 million records worldwide. As an actress, Brandy has appeared in 2 TV movies Double Platinum and Cinderella. Cinderella remains one of the highest-rated television movies in ABC history and was the first time a minority actress was depicted as Cinderella in a major film.
She also co-starred in I Still Know What You Did Last Summer which grossed over $80 million at the box office. She was the star and producer of the sitcom”Moesha”, which remained in the Top 10 of the most-watched television shows in Black households throughout most of its 5-year run.
After taking a hiatus to deal with personal issues, she returned to the spotlight, appearing on Dancing With The Stars, starring in her own VH1 reality show, and landing a recurring role in the popular Negro television series “The Game”.
To this day, Brandy remains one of the few entertainers in history to have simultaneous success in film, television, and music.
Brandy’s sensibility towards vocal styling and vocal melodies has attracted a small, but loyal following of waxy-faced church queens. Unlike other female artists, however, Brandy’s fanbase doesn’t have an official name.
According to sources, they’ve narrowed their choices down to “The Starz” or “The Speed Bumps”.
How To Talk Like a Brandy Stan
“Brandy is a very… unique vocalist. Brandy is a very unique vocalist. No female in the industry is as unique as Brandy. Her uniqueness is unsurpassed. She has a very unique vocal tone. Her vocal style is very unique, her vocal texture is very unique, her vocal runs are unique. The lead vocals are on her tracks are unique, the background
vocals are unique.
The studio equipment used to record her vocals is unique. The iPhone she used to record herself in the bathroom is unique. Her vocal texture is unique. Her vocal range is unique.“
Brandy is a very unique vocalist…I guess… would be the main bullet point of this presentation.
- A 5-time Soul Train Lady of Soul Award winner including one for Entertainer of the Year
- A one-time Grammy Award winner.
- A 5-year long span of successful music releases.
- #47 on the Top 50 R&B Artists of the Past 25 years (1985-2010)
- Over 30 million records sold around the world.
- Starring roles in 2 TV movies (including one of the most highly rated in ABC history.)
- Supporting role in a successful feature film
- One of the few entertainers in history who have had simultaneous success in film, music, and television.